Friday, February 1, 2008

Junior Achievement

For one of my classes I have to teach a Junior Achievement class I got my assignment this week. I'm so happy that I got assigned to a kindergarten class! The lesson consist of 5 sessions and it was up to me and the teacher to do it in one week or one lesson a week for 5 weeks, the teacher wants me to do it in one week! So on Monday I will start my first lesson! I'm excited but kind of nervous at the same time, I have not had to teach a class on my own yet, so this will be my first! If you are not familar with Junior Achievement it is a non-profit organization that runs with mostly volunteers that goes into the classrooms and teaches students abuout economics. It starts out in kindergarten and they have lessons all the way to 12th grade. If you want more info on this organization here is the link: http://www.ja.org/

Well I hope everyone has a good weekend!

1 comment:

**Nancy** said...

I'm sure you will do just fine, Amy! Let us know how it goes! BTW, I started work this week! It's been a crazy week!!